Once you have access to Virtual Office for SugarCRM, follow the checklist below to get started:
- Log in to the integration.
- Familiarize yourself with the integration interface.
- Login access to a SugarCRM account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
Virtual Office for SugarCRM is dependent on your Virtual Office extension also being logged in to either on a desktop or mobile device.
Single Sign-On is not supported for SugarCRM. For manual sign-on:
- Using Google chrome, go to the SugarCRM login page.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click Log in.
Virtual Office for SugarCRM can be accessed and logged in to using the following steps:
- Click at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- The Virtual Office app launches in a floating window. Click the Settings icon.
- Click the Integrations option, and then click Sugar to view the Settings, Search Types, and connection status of the integration.
- If Disconnected, click the icon.
- A new browser tab appears. Enter your SugarCRM login credentials and select Submit.
You are returned to SugarCRM and your Virtual Office extension is now linked to the Virtual Office app within SugarCRM.
Under the VO tab, you can access:
- Phone : Access your dial pad, view your active calls, and take notes to log calls.
- Call record : Access all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension. From here, you can also access notes that you have created for each of your calls in SugarCRM.
- Contacts : Access contacts from SugarCRM and the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- More: Click to access the option to log out of the app.
- Settings : Customize your app settings.
- Integrations > SugarCRM: Manage your SugarCRM integration settings for call logging and screen pop. Connect or disconnect Virtual Office for SugarCRM to your SugarCRM account.
- Locale: Specify your locale.
- Report a problem: Provide feedback on Virtual Office for SugarCRM or contact 8x8 Support.
- About: View details on your 8x8 extension and the Virtual Office for SugarCRM application.
Under the Search tab, you can search for contacts and accounts by default. Search by name, phone number, or email address. When the desired record is located, clicking on the contact phone number will place an outbound call to them.
Note: You can also search for Leads, Opportunities, and Cases. To enable, go to Settings > Integrations > Sugar. Enable the desired objects under the Search Types.