Install Virtual Office for Slack
As the administrator of a workspace in Slack, you can quickly and easily install Virtual Office for Slack to use in your workspace.
To install the integration:
- As the admin of a workspace in Slack, click here to download the 8x8 integration.
- Click Allow. You are redirected to the 8x8 for Slack screen.
- Confirm the viewing and editing permissions for the integration.
- Select which channel you want to use to announce the installation of the integration. For example, you can choose to use your personal channel for a silent installation, or use your workspace's general channel to let everyone know about the new integration.
Once Virtual Office for Slack is installed in the workspace, it is available to use across all channels in the workspace.
- Click your username in the top-left of your Slack workspace to open a pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, select Settings & administration > Workplace settings.
- Scroll down to Calls, click Expand, and from the drop-down select 8x8 for Slack as the calling option.
- Click Save.