What's new in this release of 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics?
In this release, we are introducing the following enhancements for the 8x8 integration (previously known as Virtual Office) for Microsoft Dynamics:
- Integration support for Unified Interface
- Support for Single Sign-On log in
- Support for the Lead object
8x8 integration support for Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface
The updated 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics supports the existing functionality in the Unified Interface. To use the 8x8 app with the new Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface, the admin must download the latest integration package for Microsoft Dynamics (version 0.3.6).
To confirm that you are using the Unified Interface:
- Look at the label listed on the apps:
- Open an app and look for “appid=” in the URL. Only the Unified Interface displays the app ID in the URL.
Support for Single Sign-On log in
8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics now supports SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality. SSO log in allows agents to sign in to the 8x8 app without needing an extra set of credentials. Click here to learn more.
Support for the Lead object
The 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics now supports searching for the Lead object. When Lead is enabled, upon receiving a call from an existing lead, the app now searches lead records and screen pops the information in a separate tab. By default, the Lead option is turned off. Agents can enable/disable CRM search for Lead records from the 8x8 app.
To enable/disable CRM search for the Lead object:
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics account.
- If required, open the desired app.
- On the top left corner of your home screen, click . The 8x8 app launches in a floating window.
- At the prompt, enter your credentials.
- On the 8x8 app, click the settings icon from the top right side of the floating window.
- Select Integrations > MS Dynamics , and from the Search Types section, click the toggle switch next to Lead to enable/disable the object.
Note: This step is only required when you first log in to your account, or after clearing your browser’s cache.
Note: Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from 8x8.
When enabled, the CRM searches for an existing Lead object during calls.