What's new in this release of 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics?
In this release, we are introducing support for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service. With this enhancement, the 8x8 Work integration (previously known as Virtual Office) for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service supports searching for the Case object.
To enable/disable the search for the Case object:
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics account.
- If required, open the desired app.
- Click the icon located at the top left corner of your home screen. The 8x8 app launches in a floating window.
- At the prompt, enter your credentials.
- On the 8x8 app, click the settings icon from the top right side of the floating window.
- Select Integrations > MS Dynamics, and from the Search Types section, click the toggle switch next to the Case object to enable/disable it.
Note: This step is only required when you first log in to your account, or after clearing your browser’s cache.
Note: Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from 8x8.
When an interaction is offered, and Case is enabled, the system searches for an existing case record. In the event of multiple matching records, the app lists all matches in the Search tab. Click here to learn more about the screen pop behavior.