Overview: Virtual Office for Microsoft Dynamics
8x8 Virtual Office for Microsoft Dynamics brings phone communication through a dialer to your Microsoft Dynamics environment. The application launches conveniently from your Microsoft Dynamics dashboard, allowing you to combine the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics with the capabilities of Virtual Office, and interact with your customers via phone without having to switch to another app.
Upon receiving an inbound call, the app tracks if the caller is an existing contact by searching your Microsoft Dynamics accounts and contacts, and pops the matching record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This way, you gain full insight into communications with any returning caller. You can be better informed and prepared to answer calls by previewing relevant caller record details before accepting a call.
This guide is intended for Microsoft Dynamics agents who use Version 3.1 of Virtual Office integration with Microsoft Dynamics.
8x8 integration with Microsoft Dynamics is currently available in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Canada, and Australia and New Zealand.
- Communicate with users via the voice channel and serve customers faster.
- Tap contextual information about the user and offer high-quality service. Be ready for any call by previewing matching contact record details before accepting a call, as well as see past interactions with the caller.
- Reduce the waiting time for the caller while you look up record details.
- Access contacts from the Virtual Office contact directory for quick search and calling.
- Increase agent productivity with integrated one-click dialing.
- Quickly and intuitively log call details into Microsoft Dynamics and stay abreast of communication with users.
- Improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities, such as call transfer and multiple party calling.
- Single Sign-On is not currently supported in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Microsoft Dynamics on-premises installations are not supported.
- The Microsoft Dynamics Online integration can only be launched in a floating window.
- Automatic pop for new user creations is not supported yet.
We recommend using Google Chrome to ensure a smooth experience.
The following Microsoft Dynamics objects have been tested with Virtual Office integration:
- Activity (used for auto call log generation purposes)
- Case (via customization)
- Login access to Microsoft Dynamics account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension