Once you have access to Virtual Office for Freshdesk, go through the following steps to get started:
- Log in to the integration.
- Ensure your integration is activated.
- Familiarize yourself with the integration interface.
- Know how to access your contacts.
Single Sign-On is not supported for Freshdesk; log in to the integration using individual system sign-on.
To log in to the integration:
- Log in to your Freshdesk account.
- In the bottom-left corner of your home screen, click the 8x8 integration icon. The application launches in a floating browser window.
- At the prompt, enter your user ID and password to log in to Virtual Office for Freshdesk. Consult your supervisor for credentials.
Note: Multiple invalid login attempts may lock you out.
In order for your integration to function, ensure that the integration is connected with Freshdesk via your settings.
To activate the integration:
- Click the Settings icon in your integration panel.
- Go to Integrations > Freshdesk > Connect. The 8x8 integrations authentication screen displays.
You can find the API key by going to Profile > Profile settings > Your API Key in your Freshdesk account.
- Or, you can enter your Freshdesk account credentials in the Email and Password fields, and click Submit.
- In the integration, select Auto Call Log, if not selected already, to log calls automatically.
- Click X to return to the main screen of the integration. Your integration is now active.
Note: The API key is configured by default and assigned to the agent account. You do not need to refresh your API key every time you log in to your account. API key can only be reset manually. To reset you API key, go to Profile > Profile settings and click Reset API Key. When you reset the API key during a session, a message notifies you that the API token is expired. You must then log out and log back in to continue with the full functionality.
The Virtual Office for Freshdesk interface consists of a navigation menu with the following menu items.
- Under the VO tab, you can access:
- Phone : Access your dial pad, view your active calls, and take notes to log calls.
- Call Log : Access all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension. From here, you can also access notes that you have created for each of your calls in Freshdesk. You can delete unprocessed calls by clicking the Delete icon under the Unprocessed sub-tab.
- Contacts : Access contacts from Freshdesk and the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- More : Click to access the following option:
- Logout: Log out of the app.
- Under the Search tab, you can assign contacts to active calls with unknown numbers or numbers that have multiple contact matches.
- Under Settings , you can customize your app settings:
- Integrations > Freshdesk: Connect to Freshdesk. The integration is connected by default.
- Locale: Specify your locale.
- About: View details on your user extension and the app.
From the Contacts tab, browse or search for contacts from your contact directory and/or Freshdesk to make calls. Simply hover over the contact, and click the icon to call.