Once you have access to Desk.com, go through the following steps to get started:
- Log in to Desk.com.
- Change your role to NextGen Agent. From the header, click . 8x8 Virtual Office for Desk.com launches.
Note: You can move and position the app window within the browser.
Important: Your status does not impact call activity in the Virtual Office extension.
You can access Desk.com if your administrator has granted permissions. Before you begin using the Virtual Office app, you can
- Import contacts from the 8x8 contact directory.
- Determine if you wish to preview contact records.
- Specify settings on previewing call activity.
You can import contacts from the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory for a quick calling access. You can even search from the list.
Check to import contacts from the contact directory.
During an inbound call, the 8x8 Virtual Office app tracks if the caller is an existing user by searching the Desk.com contacts database. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is commonly referred to as screen pop.
Based on your preferences, you can select one of the following options:
- When call is offered: Opens contact record when a call is offered.
- When call is connected: Opens contact when a call is connected.
- Do not open contact
If you wish to access call activity associated with the contact, you can enable the option to Open call history in the Settings. It lists call history under Recent Calls .
Search phone for screen pop
By default, the phone number is matched against phone numbers in customer record. If you wish to search for phone number in company record, you can change it in Settings.
- Dial Pad : Opens your phone dial pad.
- Recent Calls : Lists all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension.
- Contacts : Lists contacts from the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- Settings : Allows you to specify screen pop events, and load contacts.
- More : Displays a menu with the following options.
- Help opens the comprehensive online help that answers your questions about the app.
- Send Feedback allows you to send feedback on the app to our team.
The dial pad interface provides status keys to set your status to receive calls or suspend call activity when working in Desk.com.
The next step is to set your status. By setting your status in the app, you can allow or suspend phone calls in the Desk.com environment. By default, you are set to Ready status.
- Ready: allows inbound and outbound calls
- Not Ready: Suspends call activity from the app
Note: Changing status to Not Ready does not prevent call activity on your extension phone. You can continue to handle calls from your extension phone.