Once you have access to Virtual Office for Copper, go through the following steps to get started:
- Gather your credentials.
- Log in to the integration.
- Ensure the integration is activated.
- Tour the interface.
- Access records.
In order to use Virtual Office for Copper, you need:
- Login access to a Copper account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
Virtual Office for Copper is dependent on your Virtual Office extension also being logged in to either on your desktop or a mobile device.
Single Sign-On is not supported in Virtual Office for Copper; you must also log in to 8x8 integration after you log in to Copper.
To log in to the integration:
- Log in to your Copper account.
- Select Settings > Integrations > API Keys. You need an API key to log in to the integration.
- Click Generate API Key to generate a new API key.
- Copy the API key.
- Click the 8x8 integration icon. Copper then launches another login window, and the application Advanced screen launches in a floating browser window.
- In the Copper CRM login window, paste the API key you previously copied into the Username (API Key) field.
- Enter your login email address in the Email field.
- Click Submit.
- In the Advanced window:
Note: Multiple invalid login attempts may lock you out.
In order for your integration to function, ensure that the integration is connected with Copper via your settings. The integration is enabled by default.
To activate the integration:
- Click the Settings icon in your integration panel.
- Go to Integrations > Copper > Connect. If connected successfully, you see a message summary.
- Click X to return to the main screen of the integration. Your integration is now active.
The Virtual Office for Copper interface consists of a navigation menu with the following menu items.
- VO tab: Access the primary features of the integration.
- Phone : Access your dial pad, view your active calls, and take notes to log calls.
- Call Log : Access all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension. From here, you can also access notes that you have created for each of your calls in Copper.
- Records : Access records from Copper and the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- More : Click to access the option to log out of the app.
- Search tab: Assign records to active calls with unknown numbers or numbers that have multiple record matches.
- Settings : Customize your app settings.
- Integrations > Copper: Manage your Copper integration settings for call logging and screen pop, and manage which CRM objects are available to be searched from the integration. Auto call log is enabled by default. CRM objects, such as Companies, Leads, and People, must be enabled by the agent.
- Locale: Specify your locale.
- About: View details on your user extension and the app.