You can chat with your customers in real time via the chat channel. A chat request from a customer is directed via chat channels and then to chat queues that you are a member of. When an interaction comes to the channel via chat, it is directed to the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules.
To receive or send chats using Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, you must:
- Be a member of the chat queue to which the chat is routed.
- Place yourself in the Available status.
The data lookup for searching in Zoho is via an email address. To trigger a chat request, customers must enter an email ID. If the application is open when a chat is offered, the Chat tab in the integration blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. Click to accept the chat.
To process a chat interaction:
- Under the Chat tab, click to accept the chat.
- Handle the chat interaction with the customer. The Search tab allows you to see the matching records.
- Click End to finish the chat.
The post-processing time initiates if your administrator has set it up for your tenant. Post-processing gives you time to add more notes for the chat.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, Virtual Contact Center for Zoho automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the chat to terminate.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks.
At the termination of the chat interaction, the chat log pops. The log includes information about the time the chat was initiated, accepted, and terminated, along with the chat transcript.