To receive or place calls using Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, you must:
- Be a member of the call queue to which the call is routed.
- Set your status to Available.
During an inbound or outbound call, Virtual Contact Center for Zoho looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in Zoho. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The number is associated with a single Zoho contact. The matching record is presented in a new browser tab and under the Search tab.
- Multiple matches: The number is associated with multiple Zoho contacts. In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab of the integration. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list. Assign the call to the appropriate user, and click next to the desired record to view the details.
- No match: In the absence of matching records, no screen pop is presented. At the end of the call, an activity is created with the call log. You may create a new contact and associate it with it. Search for the newly-created user in the Search tab, and assign the call to the appropriate user.
If Virtual Contact Center for Zoho is open and you are in the Available state, the Phone tab blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop. Click the Phone tab to answer the incoming call.
When a call is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the caller is an existing customer, the end-user record opens in a browser tab as soon as the call is offered, allowing you to preview the customer details and prepare to greet accordingly.
To handle an incoming call:
- Click the Phone tab to answer the call. If there is a match, a red dot appears next to the Search tab in the integration.
- Click the Search tab. The matching record is selected by default.
- Click End Call.
If applicable, the post-processing time initiates. This is your time to add more notes for the call.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, Virtual Contact Center for Zoho automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate. At the termination of the call, a call log is automatically generated and pops in a new browser tab. For details, see our content on log calls.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks or add notes.
You can place outbound calls in Virtual Contact Center for Zoho simply by entering the desired number in the Phone tab and clicking Dial using:
- Control Panel: Enter the desired number in the Phone tab and clicking Dial.
- Click-to-Dial: Click and dial the phone numbers from a click-to-dial button. See Use click-to-dial for more information.
Using the integration, 8x8 Virtual Contact Center allows you to make outbound phone calls to:
Agent Console uses a two-step process to dial an outbound call; dial the desired number, and answer an incoming call in your own Agent Console to send the call to the desired number.
To place a call:
- Enter a customer phone number in the Phone tab in the integration, and click Dial. Your agent telephone rings first.
- Answer the call. The call is then directed to the destination. The desired phone number rings next.
- If the phone number is linked to a contact, the contact record pops after the call connects.
- Once you end the call, a call log is offered. Contact your supervisor for your contact center's policies to place outbound calls.
You can make an outbound call using one click by clicking on a pre-configured click-to-dial button for a Contact, Lead, Account, or Vendor.
The administrator for your account has to set up the click-to-dial feature first before you can use it.
To use click-to-dial in Zoho:
Click Contacts (or another object such as Leads or Accounts) from the top navigation bar.
Note: These instructions describe how to use click-to-dial for a contact.
- Select the contact whose number you want to associate with the click-to-dial button.
With the Contact (or Lead, Account, or Vendor) screen open, select the button you want to associate the Contact's phone number with from the click-to-dial drop-down list.
Note: The Contact (or Lead, Account, or Vendor) has to have a phone number listed in its file, otherwise you cannot associate it with a click-to-dial button.
- To call the contact, click on the click-to-dial button from the drop-down.
While on a call in Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can:
- Dial/Talking: Enter a destination phone number in the number field, and click Dial to initiate an outbound call. The Talking button appears during an active call instead of the Dial button.
- Mute: Mute yourself during an active call.
- Hold: Place an active call on hold.
- End Call: End an active call after selecting mandatory transaction codes, if any.
Record / : Start or stop recording an active call (availability is subject to privileges). After the call is recorded, the recording is accessible via a URL in the call log. To access the recording, you need an API token from your tenant administrator.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
- Transfer Lines: Transfer calls from one phone line to another.
Join Lines: Join calls on two telephone lines to set up a three-way conference.
Note: The ability to make additional calls depends on how your Virtual Contact Center extension is set up.
Upon terminating a call, Virtual Contact Center for Zoho generates a call log. The call log includes information such as the call’s transaction ID, the time the call was answered, and the duration of the call. A call log is created for inbound and outbound interactions and automatically saved as an Activity in Zoho.
The call log also includes a link to the recorded call. To access the recorded call, you need the API token from your administrator.
Depending on the number of matches, call log can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, the call log is created and associated as an activity to the record.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching contacts, there will be no screen pop. The call log is created and associated as an activity to the first record in the list.
- No match: In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates the lack of a matching record. The call is logged as an Activity.