To receive or place calls using Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger, you must:
- Be a member of the call queue to which the call is routed.
- Set your status to Available.
During an inbound or outbound call, Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in the CRM. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The number is associated with a single Vtigercontact. The matching record is presented in a new browser tab or under the Search tab.
- Multiple matches: The number is associated with multiple Vtigercontacts. In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab of the integration. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list. Assign the call to the appropriate user, and click the Search icon next to the record to view the details.
- No match: In the absence of matching records, a call log is created in the Activity screen in Vtiger. While the call is active, you can create a new user record for the unknown user, search for the newly-created user in the Search tab, and assign the call to the appropriate user.
If Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger is open and you are in the Available state, the Phone tab blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop. Click the Phone tab to answer the incoming call.
When a call is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the caller is an existing customer, the end-user record opens in a browser tab as soon as the call is offered, allowing you to preview the customer details and prepare to greet accordingly.
To handle an incoming call:
- Click the Phone tab to answer the call. If there is a match, a red dot appears next to the Search tab in the integration.
- Click the Search tab. The matching record is selected by default under Assign.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks.
- Click to End the call. If applicable, the post-processing time initiates. This is your time to add more notes for the call.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate. At the termination of the call, a call log is automatically generated and pops in a new browser tab. For details, see our content on logging calls.
You can place outbound calls in Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger simply by using:
Control Panel: Enter the number in the Phone tab and click Dial.
Using the integration, 8x8 Virtual Contact Center allows you to make outbound phone calls to:
The Agent Console uses a two-step process to dial an outbound call; dial the number, and answer an incoming call in your own Agent Console to send the call to the number you want.
To place a call:
- Enter a customer phone number in the Phone tab in the integration, and click Dial. Your agent telephone rings first.
- Answer the call. The call is then directed to the destination. The phone number rings next.
- If the phone number is linked to an individual people record, the record pops after the call connects.
- Once you end the call, a call log (Event) screen displays. Contact your supervisor for your contact center's policies to place outbound calls.
While on a call in Virtual Contact Center for Vtiger, you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can:
- Dial/Talking: Enter a destination phone number in the number field, and click Dial to initiate an outbound call. The Talking button appears during an active call instead of the Dial button.
- Mute: Mute yourself during an active call.
- Hold: Place an active call on hold.
- End Call: End an active call after selecting mandatory transaction codes, if any.
Record : Start or stop recording an active call (availability is subject to privileges). After the call is recorded, the recording is accessible via a URL in the call log. To access the recording, you need an API token from your tenant administrator.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
- Transfer Lines: Transfer calls from one phone line to another.
Join Lines: Join calls on two telephone lines to set up a three-way conference.
Note: The ability to make additional calls depends on how your Virtual Contact Center extension is set up.
Upon terminating a call, Virtual Contact Center for Vtigergenerates a call log known as an Event. You can view all events on the Calendar List view in the CRM. It includes information such as the call’s status, activity type, contact name, related to, start time and date the call was answered. A call log is created for inbound and outbound interactions and automatically saved as an event in Vtiger. The event field can be filled out by agent after the call has ended.
The event also includes a link to the recorded call. To access the recorded call, you need the API token from your administrator. You can change the status of the activity to complete or any other state.
Depending on the number of matches, call log can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, a Vtiger activity entry is created and associated to that record.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching people records, there is no screen pop. A call log is created and associated as an event to the first record in the list..
- No match:In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates the lack of a matching record. The call is logged as an event.