A chat channel facilitates communication of interactions in and out of a 8x8 Contact Center tenant. When an interaction comes to the channel via chat, it is directed to the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules.
To receive or send chats using 8x8 Contact Center for SugarCRM, you must:
- Be a member of the chat queue to which the chat is routed.
- Place yourself in the Available status.
The data lookup for searching in SugarCRM is via an email address. To trigger a chat request, customers must enter an email ID. If the application is open when a chat is offered, the Chat tab in the integration blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. Click to accept the chat.
To process a chat interaction:
- Under the Chat tab, click to accept the chat.
- Handle the chat interaction with the customer. The Search tab allows you to see the matching records.
- Click End to finish the chat.
The post-processing time initiates if your administrator has set it up for your tenant. Post-processing gives you time to add more notes for the chat.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, 8x8 Contact Center for SugarCRM automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the chat to terminate.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks.