To receive or place calls using the 8x8 Contact Center app, you must:
- Be a member of the call queue to which the call is routed.
- Set your status to Available.
The data lookup for searching the CRM is via a phone number.
During an inbound or outbound call, Virtual Contact Center for SugarCRM looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in the CRM. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The matching record is presented in a new browser tab. Upon the termination of the call, a call log is automatically generated. The call log includes information on the transaction ID, call initiation time, call termination time, call duration, and so on. Optional information added by you or another agent is also displayed.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab. By default, the call log is associated with the top matching record in the list. You can select another record in the list to associate the call with and view the call log details. Click next to the desired record to view the details.
- No match: In the absence of matching records, a call log is created. While the call is active, you can create a new user record for the unknown user, search for the newly created user in the tab and assign the call to this user.
If the Virtual Contact Center for SugarCRM is open and you are in the Available state, the Phone tab blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop. Click the Phone tab to answer the incoming call.
When a call is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the caller is an existing customer, the end-user record opens in a browser tab as soon as the call is offered, allowing you to preview the customer details and prepare to greet accordingly.
To handle an incoming call:
- Click the Phone tab to answer the call. The end-user record opens in a browser tab, even if the Virtual Contact Center floater window is closed.
- Click the Search tab. The matching record is selected by default.
- Click to End call.
If applicable, the post-processing time initiates. This is your time to add more notes for the call.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, Virtual Contact Center for SugarCRM automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate.
At the termination of the call, a call log is automatically generated and pops in a new browser tab. The call log typically includes information on the transaction ID, call initiation time, call termination time, call duration, and more. If the call is recorded, the recording is accessible via a URL in the call log, but requires the API token generated in Virtual Contact Center Configuration Manager. Contact your administrator for the API token.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks or add notes.
You can place outbound calls using Control Panel. Dial outbound calls from the Control Panel by simply entering the desired number in the Phone tab and clicking Dial. Using Control Panel, 8x8 Contact Center allows you to make outbound phone calls to:
The Agent Console uses a two-step process to dial an outbound call:
- Enter a customer phone number under the Phone tab in the 8x8 Contact Center and click Dial. Your agent telephone rings first.
- Answer the call. The call is then directed to the destination. Your external phone number rings next.
- If the phone number is linked to a contact, the contact record pops after the call connects.
Contact your supervisor for your contact center's policies to place outbound calls.
While on a call in Virtual Contact Center for SugarCRM you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can:
- Dial/Talking: Enter a destination phone number in the number field, and click Dial to initiate an outbound call. Talking button appears during an active call instead of Dial button.
- Mute: Mutes self during an active call.
- Hold: Places an active call on hold.
- End Call: Ends an active call after selecting mandatory transaction codes, if any.
- Record: Stops and resumes recording an active call.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
- Transfer Lines: Transfers calls from one phone line to another.
- Join Lines: Joins calls on the two telephone lines to set up a conference.
Note: The ability to make additional calls depends on how your Virtual Office extension is set up.
Upon terminating a call, the 8x8 Contact Center app generates a call log. The call log includes information such as transaction ID, the time the call was answered, and the duration of the call. A call log is created for inbound and outbound interactions and automatically saved as a Call Record. The recorded call is supported and offered via a URL in the call log. To access the recorded call, you need the API token by your Virtual Contact Center administrator.
Depending on the number of matches, call log can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, the call log is created and associated as a Call Record to the record.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching contacts, there will be no screen pop. The call log is created and associated as an activity to the first record in the list.
- No match: In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates the lack of a matching record. The call is logged.