What's new in the 8x8 Contact Center for Salesforce?
8x8 Contact Center integration for Salesforce now supports Email routing via the 8x8 Contact Center app. Once this feature is enabled in your integration by your administrator, you are able to accept and reply to emails directly from the 8x8 Contact Center app. When an email is offered , the 8x8 Contact Center app searches for the customer info in your Salesforce CRM, and, if available in the system, screen pops the customer info in a new browser tab.
The support for email communication allows agents to:
- Accept emails with contextual screen pops of customer records
- Review the list of matching customer records before selecting the right one
- Stay in busy status while processing the email to avoid any distractions
- Create a case automatically for the accepted email and linked to the customer record
- Reply, forward, close, and transfer emails quickly and efficiently
- Send new and follow up emails
- Keep track of the email thread through the case history
- The email channel support is currently limited to 8x8 integration with Salesforce only.
- Ability to pull email is not yet available.
- Individual customer queued email is not supported.
- The email support does not work with Agent Console, it is supported on Agent Workspace .
- This functionality is not copied over to Local CRM yet.
- The email channel communication is supported on the updated integration only.