To receive or place calls using 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite, you must:
- Be a member of the call queue to which the call is routed.
- Set your status to Available.
During an inbound or outbound call, 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in the CRM. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The number is associated with a single NetSuite record. The matching record is presented in a new browser tab and listed under the Search tab. You can click on the Search tab and enter information in the Note field. The Note information also appears in the record’s log file.
- Multiple matches: The number is associated with multiple NetSuite records. In the event of multiple matching records, the app lists all matches in the Search tab of the integration. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list. Assign the call to the appropriate user, and click Search next to the record to view the details and optionally enter information in the Note field. The Note information also appears in the record’s log file. There is no screen pop if there are multiple matches.
- No match: In the absence of matching records a call log (Task) is created in NetSuite. After the call ends, the Phone Call screen pops which contains the unknown user’s phone number. You can manually create a record based on the log information for an existing company, contact, or lead. Follow your company's process for how to associate it with an existing contact.
If 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite is open and you are in the Available state, the Phone tab blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop. Click the Phone tab to answer the incoming call.
When a call is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the caller is an existing customer, the end-user record opens in a browser tab as soon as the call is offered, allowing you to preview the customer details and prepare to greet accordingly.
To handle an incoming call:
- Click the Phone tab to answer the call. If there is a match, a red dot appears next to the Search tab in the integration.
- Click the Search tab. The matching record is selected by default under Assign.
- Click to End the call. If applicable, the post-processing time initiates. This is your time to add more notes for the call.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate. At the termination of the call, a call log (Phone Call) is automatically generated and pops in the CRM screen. For details, see our content on logging calls.
- Click on the Message option at the bottom of the log file for information such as call date, duration, agent, call ID, and call direction.
- On the Status field drop-down menu select the Completed or Scheduled status for the call. You can change the status later on if needed.
- Follow your company's process for how to associate it with an existing contact.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks.
You can place outbound calls in 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite simply by using:
Control Panel: Enter the number in the Phone tab and click Dial.
Using the integration, 8x8 8x8 Contact Center allows you to make outbound phone calls to:
The 8x8 Agent Console uses a two-step process to dial an outbound call; dial the number, and answer an incoming call in your own 8x8 Agent Console to send the call to the number you want.
To place a call:
- Enter a customer phone number in the Phone tab in the integration, and click Dial. Your agent telephone rings first.
- Answer the call. The call is then directed to the destination. The phone number rings next.
- If the phone number is linked to an individual people record, the record pops after the call connects.
- Once you end the call, a call log (Phone Call) screen displays.
- Click Edit to display the Phone Call screen and update the status.
While on a call in 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite, you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can:
- Dial/Talking: Enter a destination phone number in the number field, and click Dial to initiate an outbound call. The Talking button appears during an active call instead of the Dial button.
- Mute: Mute yourself during an active call.
- Hold: Place an active call on hold.
- End Call: End an active call after selecting mandatory transaction codes, if any.
Record : Start or stop recording an active call (availability is subject to privileges). After the call is recorded, the recording is accessible via a URL in the call log. To access the recording, you need an API token from your tenant administrator.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
- Transfer Lines: Transfer calls from one phone line to another.
Join Lines: Join calls on two telephone lines to set up a three-way conference.
Note: The ability to make additional calls depends on how your 8x8 Contact Center for NetSuite extension is set up.
Upon terminating a call (inbound or outbound), Virtual Contact Center for NetSuite generates a call log known as a Phone Call. You can view the call logs in a variety of ways by clicking on the Activities option on the top-navigation bar and selecting Scheduling > Phone Calls. Each log includes information such as the call’s start time and date the call was answered, duration, tenant, agent name, and call direction.
A call log also includes a link to the recorded call along with any notes you entered on the 8x8 Search tab Note field. To access the recorded call, you need the VCC token from your administrator. You can change the status of the log call to Completed or Scheduled in the Status field.
Depending on the number of matches, call log can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, a log is created and associated as a task to the record.
- Multiple matches: In the case of multiple matching people records, there is no screen pop. A call log is created and associated as a task to the first record in the list. You can search for another record and link the call to it.
- No match: In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates that there is no matching record.