For agents assigned to voicemail queues, the Phone tab enables you to process voicemail interactions as a subset of phone interactions. Unlike phone interactions, voicemail interactions cannot be transferred or forwarded.
To receive or send voicemails using Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk, you must:
- Be a member of a voicemail queue.
- Place yourself in the Available status.
The data lookup for searching in Freshdesk is via a phone number. For voicemail interactions, the screen pop and call log events are similar to phone interactions. When a voicemail is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the voicemail is from an existing customer, the customer record pops allowing you to preview the customer details.
To process a voicemail interaction:
Click to accept the voicemail in the control panel. The voice message is played after you accept the voicemail and following an announcement. You can have the voice transcripts be mailed to you.
Note: The Reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted the permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
- After listening to the voicemail message, hang up your agent telephone, or in the Phone tab of the integration, click End Call.
- At the termination of the voicemail, a call log is automatically generated and pops in a new browser tab. The call log typically includes information on the transaction ID, call initiation time, call termination time, call duration, and more.
- After listening to the voicemail message, click End Call.
- If applicable, click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate.