Note: This feature is available to participants joining via desktop app or browser, but not via mobile app.
For details on 8x8 Meet features available to different user types, click here.
Manage your video quality in meetings
With 8x8 Meet, you can track participant connection strength and manage the quality of your inbound and outbound video to improve meeting performance, ensuring the best possible meeting experience.
To monitor participant connection strength:
If you notice that the quality of your (or another participant’s) video or microphone audio is poor, you can hover over the Connection indicator on a participant's tile to view the strength of their connection to the meeting.
- If the source of another participant's problem is clear, you can advise the participant accordingly.
- If you see that your own connection is experiencing a drop in strength, consider changing your meeting video quality to improve your meeting experience.
To manage your inbound and outbound meeting video quality:
- In a meeting, click More actions to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the menu, click Manage video quality to open meeting quality controls.
- In the quality controls, select an video quality level from high, standard, or low, or audio-only to manage your meeting experience as needed. This affects the quality of inbound participant video that you see, and the quality of outbound video that participants see of you.