Note: This feature is available to participants joining via desktop app or web, but not via mobile app.
For details on 8x8 Video Meetings features available to Virtual Office and Standalone users, click here.
Manage Your Video Quality in 8x8 Video Meetings
In 8x8 Video Meetings, you can track participant connection strength and manage your own video quality to improve meeting performance, ensuring the best possible meeting experience.
To monitor participant connection strength:
If you notice that the quality of your (or another participant’s) video or microphone audio is poor, you can hover over the Connection icon on a participant's tile to view the strength of their connection to the meeting.
- If the source of another participant's problem is clear, you can advise the participant accordingly.
- If you see that your own connection is experiencing a drop in strength, consider changing your meeting video quality to improve your meeting experience.
To manage your meeting video quality:
- Click the More actions icon to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the menu, click Manage video quality to open meeting quality controls.
- In the quality controls, select an video quality level from high, standard, or low, or audio-only to manage your meeting experience as needed.