Perform basic users administration
Admins have the ability to see and search the list of users and disable the account for any selected user. Admins still need to be able to find and see the deactivated user accounts in the contacts lists and marked as such.
The Mobile Admin allows admins to manage all the registered users via 8x8 Work for Mobile, such as search for users, deactivate and reactivate users or view the list of all deactivated users in one place.
- Admins using the Mobile Admin app can see the hidden contacts, which are marked as Do not display in the Contacts menu, in the Admin Console app. These contacts are not visible to regular users.
- In the Mobile Admin 1.0 release, only the Deactivate feature is enabled.
If you are logged into 8x8 Work for Mobile as an admin, you have the ability to see the list of users, to search for users and to disable the account for any selected user.
To search for an existing user from the admin dashboard:
- While in the Mobile Admin Dashboard screen, tap the Search option in the header.
- On the upper side of the screen, tap Contacts @ rooms.
- In the Search box, type the name of the user you are looking for. You can search for a user by name, title, department, phone or extension number.
- Tap the avatar/picture of your contact and, in the new screen that displays, see the details of your contact.
- Optional: You can tap the contact row to jump to the conversation with the selected contact.
- When finished, tap
for Android or for iOS, and return to the Search screen.
Note: While you are in the admin dashboard, you can search for a specific message text in a conversation. On the Search page, choose the Messages option first, and then search the conversation by typing the message text you are looking for.
If you are logged into 8x8 Work for Mobile as an admin, you have the ability to deactivate an active user, from the Mobile Admin Dashboard .
To deactivate (disable) a user account :
- In the Mobile Admin Dashboard screen, in the upper right corner, tap Search and search the user whose account you want to disable.
- Tap the icon of the selected contact and, in the details info panel that opens, under Manage account, tap Disable account > Disable. The user account now shows in the Disabled users list.
You can reactivate any user account anytime.
If you are logged into 8x8 Work for Mobile as an admin, you have the ability to enable an already deactivated user.
To reactivate (enable) a deactivated user account:
- In the Mobile Admin Dashboard screen, tap the Disabled users option.
- In the Disabled users screen, tap in the list the user whose account you want to reactivate.
- In the window that opens, tap Enable account >
Enable for Android or > Restore for iOS. The user account now is enabled and functional again.
You can deactivate any deactivated user account anytime.
If you are logged into 8x8 Work for Mobile as an admin, you have the ability to view the list of deactivated users.
To view the list of deactivated user accounts:
- In the Mobile Admin Dashboard , tap the Disabled Users option. The Disabled Users screen displays in a list the currently deactivated user accounts.
- Optional: In the deactivated user accounts list, tap any deactivated user account to reactivate that user account, as needed.