Transfer emails to a different queue
In 8x8 Contact Center, after accepting an email, you may want to transfer it back to the same queue or another queue to be handled by better skilled agents or to tend to historical handling. You can transfer an email interaction to a different queue after you accept the email and during the wrap up time.
To transfer a new email interaction to a different queue:
- Log in to 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions..
- Click the status menu option and change your status to Available.
- Check out the email you are about to transfer then click My assigned queues.
- Click Transfer to queue in the Control Panel.
- Select another email queue from the list and click Transfer.
Click Continue in the confirmation box.
The email processing ends on your end and is presented to another agent available in the transferred queue.
Note: If you wish to transfer to an unattended queue, you receive a warning about the non-availability of agents, or you may be blocked from transferring. You can disable the warning message by selecting Do not show this message again only if your 8x8 Contact Center administrator has given you the right permission. Disabling the warning message prevents you from receiving this message again. Click Continue to transfer the interaction.
Note: You must transfer before the wrap-up time ends.