Record personal voice messages
8x8 Agent Workspace The brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. allows you to record up to ten voice messages or greetings and play them during an inbound or outbound call. When you place an outbound call and reach the customer's voicemail, you can choose to play your pre-recorded voice message such as a campaign message and hang up. The application plays the voice recording and terminates the call. If you have direct agent access, you can record a personal greeting to be played to callers.
Note: To record a message from your phone, your phone number must be entered in your profile.
To record a voice message:
- From the Control Panel, click Change status .
- Select My profile > My recordings. 8x8 Agent Agents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Workspace displays your list of voice recordings under My recordings.
- Click New recording.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: to identify the voice message in the Name entry area.
- Description: to state the purpose of the message in the Description entry area.
- Select Enabled to play this message during a call.
- Click Next: Record a message.
A dialog box appears indicating the following steps to record a voice message:
- Click Call and answer your phone . Your phone rings. When you answer the call, you are prompted to record your message after the beep.
- Click Record your message and say your message. Follow the voice instructions. Click # key at the end of your message.
- Click Stop Recording to end the recording. The recorded message is played to you. If you are not satisfied with the recording, you can re-record the message by clicking Record or by pressing 1 on your phone key pad.
- Click Save to close the pop-up dialog box.
- Click Save changes.
A list of voice recordings appears.
To edit a message, click next to the recording under My recordings.
Note: You can play your message and record it again by clicking Record a new massage in the edit mode.
- To delete a message, click Delete next to the recording under My recordings.
- Click to confirm.