Receive chat interactions
8x8 Contact Center directs chat requests to agents via a chat queue. An agent must be in Available state to receive these incoming requests. When an incoming chat is offered to an agent, a notification appears indicating an incoming request. The agent can accept, or if permitted by administrators, reject the chat request. On accepting, the agent status changes to Busy. On rejecting the request, the agent status changes to On Break.
Before you start
To receive chat interactions, agents must:
- be in Available state.
- be assigned to an enabled chat queue.
Note: You can view or edit your queue assignments under My assigned queues. For details, refer to view your assigned queues.
Receive a new interaction
Once the agents meet the pre-requisites, they are ready to receive new interactions.
To receive a new chat interaction:
Click the status menu option and change your status to Available.
The chat notification in the Control Panel indicates an incoming chat request.
- Preview the record details and click to accept chat.
Note: The reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted the permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
Note: If you reject the chat, or fail to accept it before the acceptance interval lapses, your status is changed to On Break.
- If the incoming chat is from an existing customer, the customer or case record pops for preview. If the customer supplied account or case information when initiating the chat, 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. accesses the appropriate record and presents the record for preview. The screen pop behavior may vary based on the settings.
Note: If the screen pop fails to open, clean up your browser cache and cookies and log back in.
- If the request is from a new customer, a new customer record entry form pops up. Enter the details of the new customer, and save the customer record.
- Answer the customer in the chat window and click to send your message. Your chat entry is posted on the customer's chat window. You are also notified of typing in progress on either end. You can also insert information from FAQs.
- After finishing the chat, click . The timer indicates the time for wrap-up.
- You may be required to select an outcome for Disposition. Select one for this interaction from the list and click Continue.
- Click Wrap up.
- At the termination of the chat, a chat log may pop up. The chat log opens in view mode or edit mode based on the settings. Auto log occurs only if the administrator has configured it.
- A chat log opens in view mode if the chat request is from an existing customer. The log case is associated with that customer record automatically.
- A chat log opens in edit mode if the chat request is from a new customer. While saving the log, you are prompted to select a customer from the existing list.
- Edit the chat log case as desired, and save or save as a draft. Select the newly-created customer from the list.
The log is saved as a case.