Process voicemail interactions
Voicemails are messages typically left by callers when they are unable to reach an agent live. 8x8 Contact Center offers these voicemails as queued interactions to agents to ensure a prompt follow-up. As a member of a voicemail queue, you can accept the voicemail interaction, follow the prompts to listen to the voicemail or have it sent to your email. Unlike phone interactions, voicemail interactions cannot be transferred or forwarded.
To accept a voicemail interaction:
- In the Control Panel, change your status to Available.
You are offered a voicemail interaction.
Note: The Reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted the permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
- When your agent telephone rings, 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. pops an incoming interaction notification. Answer your agent phone to accept the interaction. You will hear:
- A recorded message that notifies you the new interaction is a voicemail interaction and plays the voicemail.
- A prompt to press 1 to send a copy of the voicemail message to your email address as a WAV file attachment.
Note: The only way you can save a voicemail message is to send a copy of the message to your email address. When you disconnect your agent telephone from the voicemail interaction, 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. permanently deletes the voicemail message.
- The voicemail message.
The voicemail message keeps playing until you hang up the phone.
- After listening to the voicemail message, hang up your agent telephone.
- Click Wrap up to change your status.
The voicemail notification via email now provides the transaction ID, allowing you to track the queued voicemails better. An email notification for a voicemail is generated as a result of:
- Voicemail QueueA queue is an ordered collection of interactions waiting to be served by agents qualified to respond to these interactions. In addition to enabling the call center administrator to customize how incoming interactions are prioritized and routed, queues also ensure that interactions are never lost or discarded. Notification: When a caller leaves a voicemail via a voicemail queue, an email notification is sent to the email address configured for the voicemail queue.
- IVR Settings for Voicemail: A voicemail being sent to an agent from the voicemail queue. The agent requests an email to be sent to the agent.
- Transferring to AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Voicemail: A voicemail being sent to an agent after the caller calls and leaves a voicemail in the agent’s voice box.
Additionally, you can retrieve the following information from a voicemail notification sent by email:
TenantYour unique and secure contact center instance running on a 8x8 platform. You use the Configuration Manager to create and configure all aspects of your contact center's resources and operational behaviors, including groups, incoming channels, queues, agents, routing scripts, skills, monitoring, recording, and reporting. name, Cluster ID, Phone queue ID, Voicemail queue ID, Calling name, Interaction GUID of the inbound phone queue, Transaction ID of the inbound phone interaction, Voicemail begin offset, Filename, Agent name, and Voicemail retrieval delay.