8x8 Contact Center provides customer and case management capabilities with its Local CRM. The Local CRM provides a model for managing your contact center's interactions with customers, and stores your contact center's customer, case, and follow-up data.
8x8 Contact Center's phone, chat, and email scripting can use information about an incoming interaction, such as a phone number, a case number, or an email ID, to locate and display a customer or case record contained in the Local CRM. As an agent, you can use the Local CRM to record and manage your customers, cases, and follow-up activities.
To manage customer relationships, the Local CRM provides the following hierarchy of standard objects:
- Create customer instances with unique account numbers.
- Describe a customer’s feedback, queries, or issues via cases.
- Create cases to systematically track and solve customer issues.
- Quickly access cases in an expandable window.
- Indicate the status of a case as open or closed.
- Determine the case's status, visibility, severity, and priority.
- Ability to create and track multiple follow-ups for each case.
- Record each communication regarding the case, as individual follow-up instances.
- Organize and track all interactions associated with a customer via tasks.
- Receive reminder pop-ups a few minutes before the scheduled call.
A customer object allows you to create customer instances with unique account numbers. A customer record stores information, such as name, account number, email, address, and phone numbers, and offers the capability to customize the customer object with custom fields.
A case object describes a customer’s feedback, queries, or issues. You can create cases to systematically track and solve customer issues. You can quickly create, update, and view cases in an expandable window. You may indicate the status of a case as open or closed. The standard definition of a case allows you to add additional attributes to a case by stating the status, visibility, severity, and priority.
For example, a support agent at AcmeJets creates a case when a customer calls in reporting scheduling issues with private jets. The support agent captures and records the customer reported issue by creating a case.
A case may have multiple follow-ups before it is resolved. Each communication regarding the case from its creation until it is closed may be recorded as individual follow-up instances. This may include notes and email communications regarding the case. The Follow-up object allows you to track how a case is resolved by creating multiple follow-up records.
A Task refers to a call, email, meeting, chat, or any other type of contact made with a customer. A task organizes and helps you track all interactions associated with a customer. The task object serves to create, and manage all tasks you plan to perform or have performed, such as making calls or sending mails. For example, you can create a task to schedule a phone call to a customer, and set a reminder. A reminder pops up a few minutes before the scheduled call.