Check queue and agent status
8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. provides real-time information about queues and agents. It shows the number of interactions waiting to be served in a queue, the longest waiting interaction in a queue, the number of eligible agents in busy state, and the status of agents. Supervisors can check the status of queues and agents they supervise, and communicate with agents instantly via chat or call.
8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Workspace organizes the status of queues and agents separately on the Control Panel:
- My assigned queues: View the status of the queues you are a member of. Select the option directly from the Control Panel, or the menu .
- Contacts : View the status of other agents that belong to your group.
The constant status update of queues and agents support the heavy workloads of 8x8 Contact Center dialer. With frequent handling of outbound calls, the status of queues and the presence of agents change frequently. The changes to the agents’ presence are aggregated and consistently updated to 8x8 Agent Workspace.
With improved performance, the list of agents and queues is refreshed every five seconds. The agents’ presence status is updated even during a system interruption. For example, when there is a power outage, the backup mechanism keeps the agents’ status updated and therefore, the list of agents and their statuses can still be retrieved. This improvement maintains a reliable status update at all times, helping agents make an educated decision as to whether to transfer the interaction to an agent or not.
Search and retrieve status about a specific queue or an agent instantly. The search is not case-sensitive.
You can also search agents via the Shared Directory. The Shared Directory lists the company's extension users, including 8x8 Contact Center agents. Go to the Directory tab to access the Shared Directory. This feature is available for users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.
From My assigned queues, you can filter queue status information by queue relationship, agent status, and media type.
- By queue relationship: Supervised by you, or queues you are a member of.
- Supervised: Select to view the queues you are a supervisor for.
- Agent: Select to view the queues you are an agent for.
- By agent status:
- Enabled: Select to view the queues you are a member of, and enabled to serve.
- Disabled: Select to view the queues you are a member of, but disabled from serving.
- By media: Select a media type such as:
Click Clear filters to remove all selected filters.
From Contacts , you can filter agent information by groups, status, type, department, job title, and location.
Filter agents by:
- GroupA group is a collection of agents created for management or reporting purposes. Groups can be functional (for example, Technical Support) or organizational (for example Supervisor Mary’s Team). Each agent can be assigned to only one group, and cannot view or access information about other groups or group members.: Select one or more groups that an agent is affiliated with.
- Toggle on Show agent status only to ignore all 8x8 Work statuses.
- Select one or more statuses such as Available, Busy, Offline, On Break, Working Offline, and Wrap Up.
- Type: Select the type of contacts to display: Agent, System contact, or Work user.
- Department: Select to view contacts from a certain department.
- Job title: Select to filter contacts by job title.
- Location: Select to filter contacts by location. If there are no defined list items, the filter is disabled.
Click Clear filters to remove all selected filters.
You can also check agent presence via the Shared Directory. The Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Workspace lists all extension users with their status set in the 8x8 Work client application. Similarly, you can view the status of agents or other extension users from 8x8 Work. This feature is available for users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.
Note: The status shown in the Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Workspace is retrieved from 8x8 Work and not from 8x8 Agent Workspace.
Bookmark agents you contact often, and queues used often, and track their status every time you log in with just a click on the Favorites tab.
For example, you are one of five managers in the AcmeJets Support agent group. You manage seven team members out of the 50 members belonging to the group. You can mark these seven team members as your favorites and monitor their status with just a click, rather than sifting through the status of the whole team. You can also mark as favorites the queues used most often.
Favorite queues, and favorite agents, are displayed separately on the Control Panel.
To add and view favorite queues:
Select the My assigned queues option directly from the Control Panel, or from the menu , and toggle on the favorites button for the desired queues. Click the Favorites tab to arrange the favorites in ascending or descending order.
To add and view favorite agents:
From the Control Panel, select Contacts . Hover over the contacts, and toggle on the favorites button to bookmark the contact. Click the Favorites tab to see only the agents marked as favorites.
You can also bookmark agents via the Shared Directory. Go to the Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Workspace to locate the agents. This feature is available to users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.
Go to Contacts and select the Recents tab to track those agents with whom you initiated a call or a chat session in the past. The Recents tab lists those agents and displays their status. Your search results are stored locally.
Note: The Recents tab does not include participation in a customer chat or call.
With just a single click, you can call or chat with an agent from the Contacts window. Access your contacts, hover over an agent in the panel to reveal the following options:
- Call : Place a call to the agent.
- Chat : Initiate a chat with the agent.
- Favorites : Add agent to favorites. Go to the Favorites tab to view all agents marked as favorites.
You can also chat with or call agents using their extensions via the Shared Directory tab. This feature is available to users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.