Transfer customer chats to another queue
In 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions., if you wish to transfer an ongoing chat to another queue, you can transfer it with just a few clicks. During a chat, 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Workspace gives you the visibility to other chat queues, whether you are part of them or not. Simply click . and select a chat queue to transfer the chat to. The chat terminates at your end, and transfers to an agent available in the other queue. Learn more about receiving transferred chats with contextual information.
To transfer a live chat:
- While on a chat with a customer, inform the customer about the transfer.
- Click at the bottom of the Control Panel.
- Under Queues, select the desired queue to transfer your interaction. You can also search and filter the queues for a faster result.
- Select the queue you want to transfer to and click Transfer.
- A confirmation message appears, click Continue. A message shows the transfer was successful. The chat is transferred to the queue instantly, and offered to the first available agent on the queue.
- Continue with Disposition and Wrap up if required.
Note: If enabled by your administrator, the system prevents you from transferring an interaction to an unattended queue. If no agents are logged in to the queue you wish to transfer the interaction, an exclamation symbol displays next to the queue name and the Transfer button is disabled.