The 8x8 Contact Center customers are accessed from the Customers tab. By default, the Customers tab lists customers that are assigned to you. You can also access customer records that are:
- assigned to your group
- created by you
- in draft state
- all customer records
Note: The ability to view, create, edit, and delete customer records is available to you if your administrator grants the necessary privileges.
You can search and retrieve customer records using basic or advanced search.
- Basic search: Allows you to search for customers by last name and/or email address. Click Search to retrieve a list of all customers.To perform a basic search for customers:
- Click the Customers tab.
- Click Search.
8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. displays the basic search interface.
- Click the Search button to retrieve all customer records.
Perform either or both of the following, and click Search:
- Enter the customer's Last Name.
- Enter the customer's Email.
- Advanced search: Allows you to search for customers by any field defined in the customer record. You can create nested queries by using the AND logical operator.
Additionally, you can look for multiple values for a field. For example, to access all customer types, you can search for multiple values such as the default or custom statuses.
Use the advanced search feature to search for a larger set of default and custom fields than are available in basic search. To perform an advanced search, click Advanced from the simple search window.