Access the contact directory
To access the contact directory in 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions., click Contacts from the bottom left side of the Control Panel. You can use the contact directory to view the list of all agents by group, the most recent contacts, and your favorite contacts. The contact directory combines users with 8x8 Contact Center and 8x8 Work licenses into a single contact. Agents are denoted with a headset icon within the contact directory. In contrast, 8x8 Work users display a person icon, making it easier to quickly identify which user you are looking for or communicating with. To quickly find a contact, you can also use filters.
The enhanced filtering capabilities in contact directory make finding your contact center and back-office colleagues even simpler and more convenient. In addition to the regular quick search box (1), you can also access additional filters by clicking the Filter (2) icon and filter the list by agent group, presence status, department, job title, location, etc. You can also select multiple filtering criteria simultaneously to identify colleagues quickly. Filters persist until cleared or until cookies are cleared from the browser's history.
Click the Filter icon to filter agents by:
- GroupA group is a collection of agents created for management or reporting purposes. Groups can be functional (for example, Technical Support) or organizational (for example Supervisor Mary’s Team). Each agent can be assigned to only one group, and cannot view or access information about other groups or group members.: Select one or more groups that an agent is affiliated with.
- User status:
- Toggle on Prioritize CC status to ignore all 8x8 Work statuses for agents that show their presence in both 8x8 Contact Center and 8x8 Work. When this option is toggled on, the system prioritizes the agent's 8x8 Contact Center status. By default, this option is toggled off.
- Select one or more statuses, such as Available, Busy, Offline, On Break, Working Offline, and Wrap Up.
- Type: Select the type of contacts to display. You can filter by:
- AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents.
- System contact
- Work user
- Ring group
- Call queue
- Department: Select to view contacts from a certain department.
- Job title: Select to filter contacts by job title.
- Location: Select to filter contacts by location. If there are no defined list items, the filter is disabled.
The number of selected filters displays in the Filter icon and next to the name of the filter group.
Click Clear filters to remove all selected filters.
To close the filters options and view the results, click anywhere outside the filter list.