With 8x8 Contact Center, the ability to monitor and archive agent-customer conversations is critical to ensuring the quality of customer service provided by your call center business. The silent monitoring feature allows a supervisor to eavesdrop on a conversation between an agent and a customer without either party knowing that they are being monitored.
As a supervisor, you can listen in on all calls handled by an agent without having to manually turn on monitoring for each call. Any time the agent engages in a queued call, you are immediately offered a monitoring call automatically. Answer the call to listen to the agent's conversation. As a supervisor, you can enable settings to automatically invoke agent monitoring.
To set up automatic monitoring:
- In the Monitoring window, select the agent you wish to monitor and click (the icon turns blue) or Start Monitoring to begin monitoring.
- When the agent engages in a queued call, you are offered a monitoring call.
- Answer the call to listen in.
- Click End Call in your Control Panel.
Drop the call on your phone.
Note: Do not click Finish Monitoring to retain the automatic monitoring settings.
- When the agent handles the next call, you are offered the monitoring call again. Use your phone to listen in.