You can notify a user via email when the user sends or receives a fax. Enter a fax number you would like to receive the notification for, and an email address for the email notification. You can choose whether a user receives email notifications when they send or receive a fax. The notification can be sent as a link in an email, an email attachment, or both.
To set up the fax notification for a user:
- Go to Home > Users.
- While creating or editing an existing user profile, scroll down to see Fax notification settings.
- Enter a Fax number. You can free up or port numbers if needed.
- The Notification email is the user's email. Enter a different email address if needed.
- For Notify me by email when I receive a fax, select or disable email notification. Disable notification is the default setting.
- For Notify me by email when I send a fax, select or disable email notification. Disable notification is the default setting.
Click to save the user profile. Once the fax numbers are assigned to users, they can simply log into the 8x8 Work for Desktop, go to the fax tab, and send and receive faxes.
Note: The updates are both ways, that is, the changes to 8x8 Admin Console updates the user's settings in 8x8 Work for Desktop and the changes made by the user in 8x8 Work for Desktop updates the fax notification settings in 8x8 Admin Console.