During or after a call, open the Notes tab of the call screen to enter notes and create an informative call log, which you can then access in NetSuite. You can log calls for unknown numbers as well as for existing contacts. In addition, you can select from a list of call outcome codes (defined in your settings) to indicate how the call ended.
The best time to log a call is immediately after the call ends; use notes taken during the call to create a call log for future reference. If you do not log a call immediately after it ends, the blank call notes are available to edit in the Call Log tab of the app.
To log a call immediately:
- During a call, or after the call ends, go to the Notes tab of the call screen that remains open.
- Finish entering information important to the call, and click Save Call Log.
To log an unworked call:
- Open the Call Log tab of the app, and go to the Unworked sub-tab.
- In the list of unworked calls, hover over the desired call, and click the Notes icon.
- Enter information important to the call, and click Save and Close.
- Once you have logged all noteworthy calls, click the Delete icon next to the name of the Unworked tab to clear the list.
To access call logs:
- In the top menu bar of NetSuite, hover over the Lists tab to open a drop-down menu. Then, select the entity type you logged a call with (to find a contact, for example, you would open Relationships > Contacts).
- In the page of the entity type you selected, select or search for the contact or entity you logged a call with.
- In the contact or entity record, go to Actions > Show Activity to open a window with recent call logs. The Title, Call result, and Comments fields of the call log are populated from the information you logged in Virtual Office for NetSuite.
Open topic with navigation