Configuring the integration
To integrate 8x8 Contact Center with your CRM, you have to configure screen pop settings in 8x8 Admin Console. The configuration requires you to select custom CRM settings, specify events that trigger screen pop of customer data, and specify screen pop window properties in 8x8 Configuration Manager.
The events triggering a screen pop may be one or all of the following:
- An agent is offered an interaction
- An agent accepts an interaction
- An agent completes an interaction
A screen pop presents customer data to an agent automatically during an interaction, eliminating the need to manually search for the customer data. The process offers opportunity to search for CRM records, with the following examples:
- Phone field matching caller ANI (Automatic Number Identification) for phone and voicemail media
- Case numbers matching case ID for chat media
- Email field matching email ID for email media and displaying the search results on the agent’s screen
Note: For screen pop to work, the required objects must be visible to the agent.
A screen pop appears for:
- Inbound interactions, including those for phone, voicemail, chat, and email media
- Outbound phone interactions
- Interactions involving web callback
Note: Customizing the content of your screen pop can be done by your developers, or in consultation with 8x8 Professional Services. As a developer, you can customize the content of your screen pop, or consult 8x8 Professional Services for assistance.