- Agents require a personal computer and a high-speed Internet connection capable of running Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome quickly when accessing popular search sites such as Google and Yahoo.
- If an agent uses a Voice over IP (VoIP) softphone provided by 8x8, then the agent's computer and Internet connection must consistently perform well while processing all other desktop applications required for the agent's tasks.
- Agent screens must support a resolution of no less than 1200 x 900 pixels. If available, a higher screen resolution is recommended.
|Firewall and Network Address Translation (NAT) Requirements
For details, see X Series Technical Requirements.
- 8x8 Contact Center works with typical default stateful inspection firewall settings.
- 8x8 Contact Center requires standard NAT with any VoIP Application Layer Gateway (ALG) address fix up features disabled.
- The 8x8 Contact Center browser and VoIP phone sessions periodically generate activity to keep stateful inspection ports open.
- For organizations with restrictive firewall settings, 8x8 Contact Center recommends stateful inspection to open the following ports automatically when needed:
- Agent browser sessions use TCP ports 80 and 443.
- VoIP softphones use UDP port 5060, plus UDP ports in the range of 10000-35000.
- The Collaborate feature uses TCP port 5907.
- Downloading call recordings through FTPS clients uses TCP port 21 and TCP ports in the range of 30000-30999.
- Agents using Counterpath software-based softphones (such as eyeBeam and Bria) may need to configure any firewall products (for example, Windows firewall, Symantec, or Trend Micro) to allow the softphones to receive calls.