- Agents require a personal computer and a high-speed Internet connection capable of running Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome quickly when accessing popular search sites such as Google and Yahoo.
- If an agent uses a Voice over IP (VoIP) soft phone provided by 8x8, then the agent's computer and Internet connection must consistently perform well while processing all other desktop applications required for the agent's tasks.
- Agent screens must support a resolution of no less than 1200x900 pixels. If available, a higher screen resolution is recommended.
||If the Agent Collaborate feature is enabled, then the computer running 8x8 Contact Center must include a Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
|Firewall and Network Address Translation (NAT) Requirements
- 8x8 Contact Center works with typical default stateful inspection firewall settings.
- 8x8 Contact Center requires standard NAT with any VoIP Application Layer Gateway (ALG) address fix up features disabled.
- The 8x8 Contact Center browser and VoIP phone sessions periodically generate activity to keep stateful inspection ports open.
- For organizations with restrictive firewall settings, 8x8 Contact Center recommends stateful inspection to open the following ports automatically when needed:
- Agent browser sessions use TCP ports 80 and 443.
- VoIP softphones use UDP port 5060, plus UDP ports in the range of 10000-35000.
- The Collaborate feature uses TCP port 5907.
- Downloading call recordings through FTPS clients uses TCP port 21 and TCP ports in the range of 30000-30999.
- Agents using Counterpath software-based softphones (such as eyeBeam and Bria) may need to configure any firewall products (for example, Windows firewall, Symantec, or Trend Micro) to allow the softphones to receive calls.