Agents can have an unlimited number of chats with other agents of the same tenant.
To initiate a chat with an agent:
- In 8x8 Agent Console, find the agent you wish to chat with from the agents list.
- Click on the agent’s name and select Start a chat.
The chat window opens.
- Type your message and click Send or press Enter.
Note: Status icons indicate pending agent chat messages. These icons disappear when you respond to the message. For a complete description of the status icons refer to
- Click End to finish a chat session.
Note: There is no accept or reject button for agent-to-agent chat. The chats are received automatically.
As agent B, the moment you receive a chat request from agent A, the number on the chat tab starts blinking red. In addition, indicates a chat requires your response. Notice that agent A appears in the Agent List.
To process an incoming chat from an agent:
- In 8x8 Agent Console click on the Chat tab.
- Start typing your response in Your Message text box.
- Click Send.