Enhanced Queued Callback
In Queued Callback, we offer the callers who are waiting in a queue, an option to opt out of the queue, but be called back when an agent becomes available to speak with them. We have introduced the following enhancements to this IVR object:
- Increased callback time: The cancel callback time can now be set to an increased maximum of six hours. The requested callback remains in an outbound queue for the duration of that time. Any callback attempt is prevented after the time expires. The callback request is removed from the outbound queue after Cancel Callback duration has expired.
- Improved granularity for callback retry delay: You can now set callback retry attempts using minutes, and seconds. Previously, you could only set it up in seconds.
- Improved granularity for Cancel callback after: You can now set the time duration to cancel call back using hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Improved efficiency for selecting the callback channel number: Using the new option [Current Channel] for CLI/CN, you can now display the original channel number, which the caller used as the caller ID for the callback. This option is selected by default. If you wish to display any other channel number during the callback, you can select from the list of available channels.
To configure Queued Callback:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Scripts.
- Scripts are grouped by media in separate tabs: Phone, Chat, Email, and Social.
- Go to the Phone tab.
- Click to edit an existing script.
- In the Scripts > Phone > Script, click to add the Callback object.
- In Callback parameters, select the number of callback tries, specify the delay time between tries in seconds or minutes, and enter the duration (in seconds, minutes, or hours) after which the callback request needs to be canceled.
- Click OK.
The requested callback remains in an outbound queue for the duration of that time. Any callback attempt is prevented after the time expires. The callback request is removed from the outbound queue after Cancel Callback duration has expired.