Step 3: Configure the outbound setup for campaigns
For campaigns to function successfully, they need to connect to the 8x8 Contact Center Local CRM, extract data from the Customer object, and generate a target calling list.
Note: The progressive and predictive dialing campaigns support call lists from the Local CRM out of the box. For external CRMs, the call lists must be imported into the Local CRM. Learn about the prerequisites and how to import the customer list in CSV format and how to add customers using the CRM API.
Outbound setup enables you to define global properties for all campaigns by:
- Specifying the target CRM properties
- Defining CRM fields relevant to campaigns
- Uploading pre-recorded messages to be accessed by campaigns
- Mapping transaction codes to disposition actions
Learn more about the 8x8 Outbound Setup.
The following steps are essential to ensure the custom phone fields are included in campaigns and dialed in a specified order.
After adding a custom phone field in the Local CRM (See step 2), you must add it and identify it as a phone field in the Outbound Setup. This marks the phone number for dialing during a campaign. If the Customer object has five phone fields three of which are custom fields, and you want to dial all these numbers during a campaign, the custom fields must be identified as phone fields.
Go to Outbound Setup > CRM Objects. In this tab, you can define the fields to be used in campaigns.
Note: Customer object is chosen by default for the Local CRM.
To mark a custom field as a phone number field:
- Click at the end of any row to add a Customer field.
- Select the custom field you added in the Local CRM previously.
- Add a label and click the checkbox to mark it as a phone field. This is required to confirm the field as a phone field. Enable this field for use in campaigns.
- Optionally, enable Transaction field to select the fields to be shown to agents in the Control Panel > Transaction information.
Click Test to validate the fields added and click Apply to confirm the changes.
Let’s say you have multiple phone numbers associated with each customer record and you want the dialer to try calling all the listed numbers during a campaign to increase the chances of contact. With sequential dialing, the dialer can now dial upto 22 phone fields. You will also need to determine the order in which they should be dialed. You want to reach a customer on their business number first, if unsuccessful, dial their home phone; if unsuccessful, dial their mobile number and so on; you need to list the phone fields in the order of business phone, home phone, and mobile phone by simply dragging and dropping the rows as desired in the Outbound Setup > CRM fields.
To customize the dialing order of the phone fields:
During a campaign call, an agent can access and play pre-recorded messages defined for that campaign to ensure a uniform delivery of the campaign message to all customers. In the Outbound Setup, you can upload a set of pre-recorded messages which can be accessed by campaigns. When you create a campaign, you can assign messages specific to the campaign.
Abandoned calls in predictive campaigns need to play a message, typically stating the company the call is from and a standard call back number. This abandoned message must be played within two seconds of a live answer for compliance.
Note: Supports audio files in WAV format only.
To upload a pre-recorded message in Outbound Setup:
- Go to Outbound Setup > Audio Files.
- Select Outbound Setup Files in the Directories section.
- Click Menu. The menu provides options to add, delete, or rename a folder. You can add files to folders only.
- Select Add Folder.
At the prompt, enter a folder name, and select Create. The folder appears under the Outbound Setup Files.
Note: Do not include special characters in the folder names.
Select the folder, click Menu, and select Add File.
Enter a name and description of the audio file.
Click Choose File and select an audio file of the message to upload.
Click Play Audio to play and check the content of the message.
Click Save. The audio file appears in the Audio File Items pane.
To upload an abandoned message:
- Select the Abandoned message files folder, click Menu, and select Add File.
- Click Choose File and select an audio file of the message to upload. Note: You can upload audio files in WAV format only.
- Click Play Audio to play and check the content of the message.
- Click Save. The audio file appears in the Audio File Items pane.