API access tokens are used to authenticate individual calls to read or write 8x8 Contact Center data, from outside the standard 8x8 Contact Center agent or admin interface. 8x8 Contact Center administrators create and copy secure tokens used to access 8x8 Contact Center data such as:
- Statistical data for reporting
- Audio recordings data
- External IVR such as web callback
- Real-time statistical data
To generate data and action request tokens:
- Log in to 8x8 Configuration Manager.
- Go to Integration > API Token.
- Click New Token to generate data- and action-request tokens for security reasons.
- Highlight and copy the tokens.
Use the token to authenticate your API requests.