Define Campaign Properties
To define properties for a campaign:
- In the Configuration Menu, click Campaigns.
- Click to add a new campaign.
- In the Properties tab, enter or select values for the following properties of the new campaign:
Campaign Property Description General Properties
- Campaign Name: Enter a campaign name.
- Queue: Select the outbound queue to which the campaign is directed.
- Dial Plan: Select one of the default dial plans or a custom dial plan from the drop down list of choices.
- Caller ID: Select the phone channel number configured for the tenant to be presented as the outbound caller ID, or select Anonymous.
- CRM Objects: Select a CRM object from the list configured in the Outbound Setup.
Note: A campaign can extract data from only one CRM object.
- This campaign is enabled: Select to enable the campaign.
- Answer Machine Detection: If AMD service is provisioned for your tenant, the Virtual Contact Center administrators can activate it for the desired campaigns. When selected, AMD identifies calls answered by a machine instead of people and allocates the calls answered by people to the available agents. For a machine-answered call, AMD sends a one-way message to the call routing to end that call and resolve it automatically. For details, see our content on how to enable AMD.
- Show skip button: If selected, it offers agents the choice to skip a call by clicking the Skip button on Agent Console's Control Panel. For details, see our content on how to skip campaign calls while on Auto Answer.
- Automatically apply Transaction Code to system ended calls. If this feature is provisioned for your tenant, the Virtual Contact Center administrator can activate it for the desired campaigns. When selected, it automatically assigns transaction codes to campaign calls when the destination party is not available to answer the call, or the call cannot be completed, such as when there is a busy tone or dead line. This also includes identifying calls that are answered by a machine. For details, see our content on how to automatically apply transaction codes (Auto-TCL).
- Override mandatory Transaction Code selection: If selected, you can let the system enter system-defined transaction codes, such as blocked number instead of the mandatory codes selected manually by agents.
- Dynamic Campaign: If selected, you can add or remove records from an active campaign. The new numbers can then be dialed within five minutes while maintaining the original list. Removing a campaign record does not delete it from the list but will keep the record for the future reports. For details, see our content on dynamic campaigns.
- Carrier Call Blocking: If selected, it detects TCPA-listed phone numbers for US customers and checking whether or not the phone number is listed on a Do Not Call (DNC) or mobile block list. If listed, the call is terminated by the carrier and an appropriate Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) code response is sent back to the interaction router. The call is then handled by our Auto-TCL and completed. For details, see our content on Carrier Call Blocking.
- Preview Timeout: Define a time limit for previewing records before accepting a campaign call. You can select the agent's default preview time or enter a desirable preview time.
Timeout Action: Allows the system to follow one of the options below:
- Dial Call: To place a call to the previewed party automatically once the preview time elapses.
- No Action: To allow the agent to start, reject, or skip the call.
Note: By default, the No action option is selected.
Start and End Time (Optional) Select Start and End Date and Time values to schedule a campaign. You can specify a start date and an end date. If start date and time is not provided, you must start the campaign manually. If end date is not provided, the campaign stops after processing all the records.
- Start Date: Specify a date to initiate the campaign.
- Start Time: Specify a time of the day to initiate the campaign.
- End Date: Specify a date to end the campaign.
- End Time: Specify a time of the day to end the campaign.
Note: A scheduled campaign follows the tenant time zone.
Daily Call Start & End Time (Optional) Enable and select a daily schedule to further control the time campaign calls are offered to agents daily. This setting ensures the calls are offered based on a default schedule, or a custom schedule, and uses either the area code or the time zone of a destination number.
For example, if a campaign follows a default schedule with a daily start and end time configured at 9:00 and 17:00, the application initiates calls daily only between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. The current time at the destination is computed based on the area code of the destination number or the time zone specified.
- Enabled: Select to enable the daily call start and end time.
- Schedule: Select a default schedule, or a custom schedule.
- Area Code (US & Canada only): Select this option to offer calls based on the area code of the outbound phone number.
- Time Zone: Selecting a time zone from the drop down menu offers calls in the specified time zone. Select from 35 different time zones catering to all over the world.
Note: Default or custom schedule refers to the schedule specified for the tenant under Home > Schedules.
Retry Properties (Optional) Define retry attempts for unsuccessful campaign calls. You can define the retry frequency and the maximum number of retry attempts before dropping the number from the call list.
When a campaign runs, the disposition action Try Again places retrial calls based on values defined in Retry Properties.
Auto Update (Optional) Select a CRM field to be updated with transaction code report text or short codes. This data may be used to filter a campaign for further processing.
Note: The CRM field must be included in the Outbound Setup. You may create a new CRM field to capture the disposition of each attempted campaign call. For each campaign cycle, create a new CRM field to capture the disposition for the cycle. Otherwise, the disposition from the next campaign cycle overwrites the disposition in the current cycle.
Do not Call (optional) Select a CRM field to be updated with Do not Call disposition information.
- Click Save.
You created a campaign successfully. Optionally, you may assign supervisors, create a search query, label a sort order, and assign pre-recorded messages to the campaign.
Note: On initiating a campaign, you cannot modify properties of the campaign.