Authorize IP access via email
8x8 Contact Center administrator is able to add or authorize an agent's IP address via email authorization. This feature enables agents using a new and unidentified IP address to connect to their tenant. The administrator controls the ability to send or block this email notification via 8x8 Configuration Manager.
Note: The authorization is supported for 8x8 Configuration Manager and 8x8 Agent Console.
- Automatic email: The administrator receives an automatic email when an agent is denied access.
- Quick access: The agent gains access as soon as the administrator clicks a URL in the email.
- Prevent email spam: Only one notification email is sent to the administrator per hour, irrespective of the number of login attempts.
- Improved security: The authorization URL expires in 24 hours, whether the administrator has authorized the address or not.
- Description: A description added for the IP address allows the administrator to keep a reminder for future references.
How the authorization process works
- The agent tries to access 8x8 Contact Center from an unauthorized IP address, but access is denied.
- An email notification is sent to the administrator, containing information such as the agent's username, IP address, and the date of attempted access. The email also contains a URL.
- The administrator clicks the URL link in the email to authorize the IP address.
- The administrator receives a confirmation that the IP address is authorized successfully.
Note: For security reasons, the URL expires after 24 hours. If the administrator uses the URL the second time or after the expiry, a message indicates the token has expired.
- The agent can now log in using the IP address.