8x8 Contact Center is able to detect TCPA-listed phone numbers via Carrier Call Blocking (CCB) service. This feature is available for US customers only. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) designed to safeguard consumer privacy restricts telemarketing communications via calls, SMS texts, and fax. To comply with TCPA, we have introduced Carrier Call Blocking (CCB) service for campaign calls which allows the campaign manager in the Dialer to apply special routing to two carriers: Brightlink and RSquared. They will then run dialer calls through a service that checks whether or not the phone number is listed on a Do Not Call (DNC) or mobile block list. If listed, the call is terminated by the carrier and an appropriate Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) code response is sent back to the interaction router. The call is then handled by our Auto-TCL and completed.
Once CCB is provisioned for your tenant, the contact center administrators can activate it for the desired campaigns. If CCB is enabled, the campaign dialer checks whether the outbound call’s phone number is listed on TCPA list.
To enable CCB in 8x8 Configuration Manager:
- Log in to 8x8 Configuration Manager and go to Campaigns.
- Click to create a new campaign or edit an existing one.
- Select Carrier Call Blocking.
- Select Automatically apply Transaction Code to system ended calls. Transaction codes record the outcome of each interaction using codes such as "Successful call", "Call back", "Do not call back", "Reached voicemail", "Faulty number", etc.
- Select Override mandatory Transaction Code selection to allow the system enter system-defined transaction codes such as "Mobile number blocked" or "DNC blocked" instead of mandatory transaction codes selected by agents.
When you run a campaign, the campaign dialer begins calling numbers fed from the CRM. When it detects a TCPA-listed phone number, the CCB terminates the call. A transaction code such as "Mobile number blocked" or "DNC blocked" is then generated by the system and recorded in the call log via Auto-TCL.