You are here: IP Address Restriction
Enhanced System Access Authentication
Virtual Contact Center allows users to connect to the tenant from anywhere in the world. We offer the ability to limit the access to a white list of IP addresses. A white list identifies secure IP addresses from which agents, supervisors, and administrators can connect to the Virtual Contact Center network. Any login attempt outside of the white list is denied access and triggers a notification to the administrator about the unauthorized access attempt.
- Ability to authorize specific IP addresses.
- Ability to list, add, edit, and delete allowed IP ranges.
- Ability to validate IP ranges (non-duplicate, valid start and end IP addresses, and non-negative range).
- Ability to enable/disable an individual IP address or a range of IPs.
- Ability to enforce
IP address restriction to access Configuration Manager, Agent Console, and Wallboard.
- Ability to create an admin role and assign the IP address restriction permission to the administrator.
- Ability to notify administrators of an unauthorized access attempt by email. By default, this option is disabled.
- Extended support for Single Sign-On (SSO) in Salesforce, Zendesk, and NetSuite.
8x8 supports IP version 4.0 (IPv4).
Create an authorized IP addresses
Configuration Manager allows administrators to create, edit, and delete white list entries using the Security page.
To add a white list entry:
- From the , open Security.
- Go to the IP Address Restriction tab.
- Click Add Allowed IP Range.
Note: This feature only works with public IP addresses. If no IP address is selected, all IP addresses are allowed to access the tenant.
- Enter Start IP and End IP address and type a Description.
- Select This IP address is enabled to enable an individual IP address or a range of addresses.
This feature is helpful if you need to grant access to an agent in a remote location or a temporary consultant.
- Click Save.
If the agent tries to log in with a different IP address, a message appears showing that access is denied.
- Click or to edit and delete the IP addresses.
Access Virtual Contact Center when locked out
Contact the support team at
8x8, Inc. to help you regain access to your Virtual Contact Center.
Open topic with navigation