Outbound Phone Codes offer a means to set a unique calling line identifier (caller ID) for outbound calls. You can define outbound phone codes to assign caller ID to outbound calls from your tenant. You can also use outbound phone codes to identify the purpose of each outbound call.
When placing an outbound call, you can use outbound phone codes to set the calling line identifier displayed to the called party. If your 8x8 Contact Center provides technical support services to multiple companies on the same tenant but on different channels, you must ensure that the correct caller ID is applied to each company. This helps the customers of each company to identify a number with the company, and provides the best callback experience. You can define transaction codes to assign caller ID to outbound calls from your tenant. When an agent initiates an interaction, they set a caller ID to an outbound call, thus identifying the right callback number.
Note: Assigning calling line identifier is not supported by all telecommunication carriers.
For example, ACME uses their 8x8 Contact Center to provide technical support services for two companies: Kids Zone for the Kids Entertainment company, and EMAC for Credit Recovery Services. ACME has two phone channels; one for callers to Kids Zone and one for callers to EMAC. The administrator defines transaction codes to map a phone number for each company. Before placing an outbound call to a customer of Kids Zone, the agent selects the code for Kids Zone. At the receiving end of the call, the phone number mapped with the code is displayed.
The following topics are discussed in this chapter:
Using the outbound dial codes functionality:
- An administrator predefines a list of outbound phone codes to identify the calling line identifier to outbound calls.
- An agent assigns a calling line identifier to an outbound call from the predefined list of outbound phone codes before initiating the call to ensure the best callback experience for customers.
To create transaction codes, you must:
- Create a transaction code list by defining properties.
- Create individual transaction codes in the list.
- Translate codes to secondary languages.
- Assign codes to agent group(s) or queue(s).
During the processing of an interaction, an Outbound Phone Code list is available to an agent in 8x8 Agent Console under the following circumstances:
- The agent is a member of the group that is assigned the code list.
- The agent is directly assigned the code list(s).
An agent assigned an Outbound Phone code list is shown the list before initiating an outbound call. The agent must choose a code to dial out. The calling line identifier associated with the selected code sets the caller ID to the call.