You are here: Appendix - Preparation for a Survey
Appendix - Preparation for a Survey
We have put together a series of best practices to help you get started.
STEP 1: Create your survey in an editable document
- Establish the type of question you want to create: Scale, Yes/No, or Voice Comment.
- If you plan a question of the Scale type, determine the most appropriate numerical range. We recommend not changing it after deploying the survey.
- Review the questions for clarity, spelling, and proper syntax.
- This enables you to copy and paste your questions while building the survey.
- This helps in using the Say object.
- If you use the Say object, configure it to be interruptible.
STEP 2: Insert a welcome message
"Welcome to my company survey. We appreciate your time in taking the survey."
STEP 3: Follow the best practices
- Keep the number of your questions to 4-6.
- If using the Scale question type, use the same numbering in all questions.
- If changing the numbering in the scale, group similarly-scaled questions together.
- Agent Score
"How do you rate the quality of service provided by our patient care representative? Press 1 for least satisfied and 9 for extremely satisfied."
- Customer Satisfaction
"How satisfied are you with the overall experience of your call today? On a scale of 1 to 10, press 1 for least satisfied and 10 for extremely satisfied."
- Net Promotion Score
"Will you recommend our service to your friend or family? Please select 1 for least likely and 9 for most likely."
- First Call Resolution
"How many times did you have to contact us to resolve your request? Press 1 for one, 2 for more than one, 3 for still not resolved."
- Voice Comment
"If you wish to leave us a brief comment, please wait for the beep and proceed."
- Closing Message
"Thank you for taking the survey; goodbye! We appreciate your feedback."
- Invalid Prompt
"You entered an invalid response; please enter a valid response."
"We are waiting for your response; please enter a valid response."
Open topic with navigation