Scheduled report emails
Want a quick overview of your organization's call activity? Simply schedule a report, and set the report to repeat after a certain period of time, giving you regular updates on agent activity and effectiveness. You can easily schedule the following reports and receive them via email daily, weekly, or monthly:
- Company Summary report
- Extension Summary report
- Call Details Record report
- Ring Groups Summary
- Ring Groups Member summary
The scheduled report offers you the flexibility to:
- Schedule periodical reports and generate reports at a user-specified timezone.
- Aggregate or break down metrics day-by-day.
- Deliver the report via email as CSV or PDF attachments.
- Deactivate report queries you no longer need.
- Filter call detail reports to track answered, abandoned, or missed calls.
- Email the report as often as the user wants - daily, weekly, monthly, first day of the week, or the first day of the month and more.
- Customize the report by selecting the data to be included in the report
To access the Scheduled Report Emails, click the header menu next to your name. From the drop-down list, select Schedule Report Emails.
- Custom timezone for the scheduled report: Select your preferred timezone for the scheduled report and no longer be tied to the PBXPrivate Branch Exchange—a private telephone network used within a company. timezone.
Ability to reactivate reports: You can now reactivate reports which you have marked as inactive. Marking a report inactive stops generating and delivering the report to the scheduled recipients.
Simply click to mark a report inactive. Once marked, the report gets listed in the Inactive tab.
To reactive a report, click . Find it in the Active tab.
- Improved accessibility of Cross-PBX CDRCall Detail Record includes call details such as point of origin,end point, call direction, call duration, and more. reports: Scheduling CDR reports across PBXs is now enabled within the scheduled report. You do not have to enable it under Settings anymore.
- Report date range now allows you to generate reports for yesterday, last 7 days, last 30 days, and last month.
- Email Frequency: Allows you to schedule reports via email daily, weekly, monthly, first day of the month, and Monday- Friday. These options come in handy to meet your reporting needs. You can also specify the start and end date for receiving the scheduled reports.
- Ability to email scheduled reports to unlimited recipients: You can now email the scheduled report to any number of recipients. Simply enter a valid email address and hit enter.
- Add custom email subject and message: Use the default subject or add a custom subject and write a brief message to be sent to the recipients for better user experience.
- Attach reports as PDFs: You can now choose to email reports as PDF files, CSV files, or in both formats. The user-friendly PDF format provides quick insight into top incoming calls by extension, site and department..
- Updated security: The email will continue to include a link to access the report, which will now expire after seven days. Additionally, the email will now include the report as an attachment, provided it does not exceed 6mb in size. Archived reports will continue to be available in VO Analytics.
- Customized data: You can now customize your scheduled reports with a column picker for inclusion or exclusion and field order. Select the desired data you wish to share via the scheduled reports.
Ability to receive any report at any time on the day: You now can choose to schedule the time when you want to receive a report from Analytics for 8x8 Work at any time of the day you choose.
- Log in to Analytics for 8x8 Work.
- From the upper-right corner, select Schedule Report Emails from the drop-down menu under the username.
- In the follow-up screen, click New.
- Enter or select the following information:
- Schedule name: Enter a name for the report.
Report: Select a report type from the available options. Currently, you can schedule only Company Summary, Extension Summary, Call Detail Record, and Ring Groups Summary and Ring Groups Member Summary reports.
Note: Depending on the report you choose to schedule, some of the selection fields may be enabled or disabled.
- Report date range: Select the date range for the report from the available options such as last week, last month, this week, this month, and more.
Intraday time range: Select the time range within 24 hours of the day, such as 6 am to 2 pm only.
Note:When generating a CDR report to assess the call traffic for an overnight shift, first select both dates covering the overnight shift, and then select the start and end time of the overnight shift, such as 7 pm to 7 am the next day.
Time:Select the desired time of the day when you want to receive the report during the day, such as 7 am.
Note: The generated scheduled report contains data up to 2 hours before the scheduled time. For example, if you schedule to receive your report at 6 am, the report will contain data up until 4 am.
- Site: Filter data by selecting a specific site or all sites.
- Department: Select the desired departments.
Note: At this time, we do not support a query for multiple branches with selective departments. You must create a separate report for each branch.
Direction: Indicate the direction of calls (Inbound, Outbound, Internal).
Note: This applies only to the Call Detail Record report.
- Call Status: Select one of the options. This filter applies only to Call Detail Record report.
- Answered: Incoming calls answered live.
- Abandoned: Calls abandoned by callers before being answered by a live person or before reaching voicemail (missed calls, minus calls that reached voicemail).
- Missed: Calls that were not answered live (calls that reached voicemail, plus calls that were abandoned).
- None: Some call legs do not have a value for Answered, Missed or Abandoned. This filter allows you to include or exclude those call legs.
Participant: Filter data by selecting specific participants (caller and/or callee).
Note: This filter applies only to the Call Detail Record report.
Extensions: Filter data by adding specific participant extension number(s).
Note: This filter applies only to the Call Detail Record report.
Ring Groups: Filter data by selecting specific ring group number(s).
– Each site may have associated specific ring groups. The Ring Groups filter is automatically populated only if the sites were selected first.
– This applies only to the Ring Groups Summary report.
- To: You can now email the scheduled report to any number of recipients. Simply enter a valid email address and hit enter.
- Subject: Use the default subject for the scheduled email or click Change to edit the subject.
- Message: Write a brief message to be included in the scheduled report emails.
- Customize Report: Select the data fields to be included in the report from the list of available fields for the report. Click to hide a field, and click to expose. Use the icon to move a field up or down.
- Attachment: You can choose to email reports as PDF files, CSV files, or in both formats. The user-friendly PDF format provides quick insight into top incoming calls by extension, site and department..
- Frequency: Select the frequency with which you wish to schedule the reports. You can select a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
Once the reports are saved:
- A daily report is delivered via email the next day.
- A weekly report is delivered on the next day of the following week.
- A monthly report is delivered on the 1st day of the following month.
- Starts on: Select a date to begin scheduling the report.
- Ends on: Select to never end scheduling the report email or select a date to end the scheduling.
- Click Schedule. The report shows up in the list.
Note: If you have already created a query with the same criteria, you will be prevented from creating a duplicate.
How Do I edit a report?
You can edit an existing report by clicking on it from the list. You can edit any field in the report and save your changes.
How do I download a scheduled report?
The scheduled report runs at the set time and sends an automatic email to all named recipients. The email contains a link to download the report. When you click the link, you are prompted to log in to Analytics for 8x8 Work, and a download page opens.
Click Download. The report is saved instantly as a zipped file. You can also navigate to the list of scheduled reports, select the desired report, and click to download the report.
Here are some use cases that demonstrate the usability of the scheduled reports.
Bob, a site supervisor for Acme Lumber’s Denver office, needs to include call data from VOA Extension Summary report in his weekly status report each Friday. Instead of logging in to VOA each week, Bob schedules a Scheduled Email that will generate a weekly Extension Summary report, each week beginning this Friday, for the previous 7 days, using US/Mountain time zone (his corporate office is on CA, so his PBX’s Analytics default time zone is set to US/Pacific), and sets a filter that limits the data for that report to ‘Site = Denver’. Each Friday Bob will receive the report he needs, already limited to the data he cares about, presented in the proper timezone.
Susan, the VP of Acme’s Support department, is located along with her team in NY, and on weekday mornings she needs to see Call Detail Records for all inbound calls from the day before, so that she can work with her team to optimize coverage. Susan schedules daily Call Detail Records reports, scheduled for M-F, and uses filters for ‘Department = Sales’ and ‘Direction = Inbound’, using the US/Eastern time zone. Each weekday morning she will have the details she needs in her Inbox.
Fred, the Sales team admin at Acme, needs to provide weekly updates to the senior Sales executives regarding call activity for his Inside Sales and Outside Sales departments, but only needs to share Inbound Call rankings by Extension and by Department, and doesn’t want to have to download the detail and prepare an easily-consumed custom report for them each week. Instead Fred schedules an Extension Summary report, using the PDF-only option, applying 2 department filters (Inside Sales and Outside Sales), and including the sales team’ group email address on the To: field. Each week the sales executives will receive a PDF report that includes Top Inbound Calls by Extension, Department and Site for his team, and it will be attached to the email and will not require any VOA authentication.