Add custom metrics
In addition to the vast metrics available out of the box in 8x8 Analytics for Contact Center, you can now create custom metrics using existing metrics to derive data critical to your business needs. Simple arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division can be applied. You can configure custom metrics for queues, as well as agent performance widgets. Basic validations prevent you from adding unsupported metrics. Once you define a custom metric, add it to the desired dashboard widgets.
Example 1: Let’s say you want to know the number of successful calls in your queue; those that entered the queue and were not abandoned. Simply create a custom metric by subtracting the abandoned calls from the number of calls that entered a queue.
Successful calls = Entered - Abandoned
Example 2: To determine the total number of calls handled within a queue, subtract the calls that were diverted from the queue to another queue (or another phone number) from the calls that entered the queue.
Total Calls Handled = Entered - Diverted
To configure custom metrics:
- In the top-right corner, click , and select Custom Metrics from the menu.
- From the pop-up window, select to create a custom metric for agent or queue metrics.
- Click New.
- Enter the name, display name, and the following information:
- Value Type: Indicate if the metric is of the Count, Percentile, or Time type.
- Metric Type: Select if the metric is real-time, interval-based, or for today.
- Description: Add a description for the metric.
- Formula: Add the correct formula to calculate the custom metric (Use arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
Add the Custom Metric to the Dashboard
Once you define a custom metric, add it to the desired dashboards.
- Go to Dashboards. Select to edit a desired dashboard.
- To embed a queue custom metric, select to edit the Queue Summary widget.
- In the edit mode, click Configure under Metrics, and search for Successful Calls (or scroll down to find and select to add).
- Save your changes.