Note: This feature applies to 8x8 desktop and iOS apps, and all browsers.
For details on 8x8 Meet features available to different user types, click here.
Raise your hand or show reactions in a meeting
Let's say that someone else is presenting in a meeting, and you come up with an idea you want to contribute; you can raise your hand in a meeting to let the speaker know you want to contribute without interrupting them!
Similarly, if your team is discussing new ideas, and you want to briefly show your reaction to a particularly good idea or a surprising development without talking over the current speaker; in this case, you can choose from meeting reactions that show up on-screen and produce a brief sound effect to all participants.
- During a meeting, click the Raise hand option to toggle it on. A Raised hand indicator now appears on your meeting tile and next to your name in the Participants panel, letting other participants know that you have an idea to contribute.
- To remove the Raised hand indicator after you've contributed your idea, simply click the Raise hand option again to toggle it off.
- During a meeting, click the small arrow above the Raise hand option to open a reaction menu. If you are joining via mobile, tap More actions first to see this option.
From the reaction menu, choose one of the available reactions to send it.
- Click the reaction you want to send. It shows up on-screen and produces a brief sound effect to all participants.
- Click Toggle Ghify menu and choose one of the available .GIF from the GIPHY gallery to send it. The GIF displays on your tile for a few seconds.
Note: If you are joining via desktop, you can choose to stop hearing sound effects for reactions; go to More options > Settings > Sounds, and disable Meeting reactions.