Use the powerful business-class voicemail feature of 8x8 Voice for Teams app to view and listen to your voicemails online, have them delivered to your email box, or access them by phone. A voicemail is a voice message that a caller leaves when you are not able to answer their call. When you can’t answer the phone, 8x8 voicemail is there with all the business-class features you need.
- View, manage, delete, and download your voicemails online at any time!
- Filter your voicemails based on the name or number of the caller or, if you are part of a call queue or ring group, filter by which queue or group the voicemail is meant for.
- Listen to voicemails via email, by phone, or by logging in to 8x8 Voice for Teams app.
- Receive voicemail notifications via email: receive voicemail alert notifications or voicemail audio file attachments via email.
To personalize voicemail greetings and to be notified via email when you receive a voicemail, go to Settings . Learn more.
To access and manage voicemails from the app:
Go to Voicemails from the menu.
- Scroll through the list or enter the phone number you are looking for in the search bar.
- You can play or pause, fast-forward or rewind, and change the audio speed of a voicemail to review it. The voicemail that is currently playing is highlighted in blue, so you can easily find it even if you have scrolled away from the voicemail.
You can also:
- Delete: Hover over the voicemail, click Delete option that pops up. You are able to select which voicemails you want to delete; once you are finished selecting, click Delete.
- Mark as read or unread: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Mark Read or Mark Unread. You are able to select which voicemails you want to mark; once you are finished selecting, click Mark read or Mark unread to confirm.
- Download: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Download to save it as an AU file. A window pops up in which you can choose where to store the downloaded file. Once the voicemail has finished downloading, you receive a notification in the corner of your screen.
To access and manage voicemails via phone:
You can access your voicemails using your extension or another extension in the same PBX, or change your voicemail greeting via desk phone. For details on navigating the voicemail menu, you can view the 8x8 Voicemail Quick Reference Guide.