About 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App for users
The 8x8 Voice for Teams app provides integrated business messaging for Teams users, allowing them to conveniently send or receive SMS texts, MMS messages, and faxes directly from Teams with their 8x8 business number. Users can also view or listen to their business or group voicemails and log in or out of assigned call queues. The 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app also adds self-service access so that Teams users can change their 8x8 call management settings without unnecessary IT intervention.
The best part about this new capability with 8x8 Voice for Teams app is that it is quick and easy, giving users everything they need to get the most from Microsoft Teams.
This guide is intended for the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app end user.
Note: Please see the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App for Administrators guide for information on rolling out the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App in your company.
The 8x8 integration for Microsoft Teams is currently available globally.
With 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app, you can:
- Log in and log out of call queues and handle calls directed to the queues
- Navigate to the analytics of a selected call queue to detect any performance issues
- Send and receive SMS/MMS messages (Limited to the United States and Canada)
- Send and receive faxes
- Select the default music-on-hold or add a custom recording
- Access call recordings and set up your recording preferences
- Filter, listen or see transcription of personal voicemails. (Note: Transcription of group voicemails is currently not supported.)
- Set up your 8x8 voicemail preferences
- Set up External call ID settings
- Define call forwarding preferences for your extension
- 8x8 X Series License
8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App installed
Note: For more information see, 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams.