Installation and configuration
If you already have the 8x8 app installed into your Azure AD environment (for example, you are already using Single Sign-On) you can skip the installation step and start a Configure an authentication token in Configuration Manager.
Note: If you want to have independent control of Single Sign-On and User Provisioning, you can install a second instance of the app into your environment, with one configured for Single Sign-On and the other configured for User Provisioning. With this scheme you can assign users or groups to the two apps independently.
- Install the 8x8 app in Azure Active Directory Admin Center.
- Log in to the Azure Active Directory Admin Center.
- In Enterprise applications go to New application.
- In the App Gallery, search for 8x8.
- Select the app, optionally rename it, and click Create.
Configure Single Sign-On by following the instructions in this link: Tutorial: Azure AD SSO integration with 8x8.
If you do not want users to be signed out of all their Microsoft apps if they chose to log out of their 8x8 account, leave the Single Sign-On logout URL blank in Configuration Manager.
- Configure an authentication token in Configuration Manager.
- Go to https://login.8x8.com.
- Enter your credentials and click Login.
- In the 8x8 Application Panel, select the Virtual Office Config Mgr tile.
- Select the Identity Management tile.
- In the Microsoft Azure AD User Provisioning section, click Show user provisioning information.
- Configure the 8x8 app in Azure AD.
- Log back in to the Azure Active Directory Admin Center.
- In the Provisioning blade of your installed app, click Get started .
- Change the Provisioning Mode to Automatic.
- Paste the 8x8 URL value you copied from Configuration Manager, in the previous section, into the Tenant URL field.
- Paste the 8x8 API Token value you copied from Configuration Manager, in the previous section, into the Secret Token field.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Save.