Release Notes 9.4
In this release, 8x8 Virtual Contact Center introduces new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to improve the overall productivity of agents and supervisors in your contact center.
This release guide is intended for Virtual Contact Center customers migrating from 9.3.5 release platform. The guide summarizes the features and improvements introduced in release 9.4.
The key features and improvements in this release are:
- Improvements in Local CRM: The Local CRM now gives the ability to mark fields as mandatory, customize the display order of these fields, and even hide them.
- Enhanced usability of real-time monitoring: Supervisors can now access the monitoring tool from an easy-to-access monitoring tab along with other Local CRM tabs.
- Improved Help interface: Agents can now submit feedback about the product, refer to product help and more.
- Optimized Call Quality and Routing: We now allow agents to input their country of location that helps optimize call quality and routing.
- API web callback: Agents can now cancel a callback request that has already entered the queue. If agents dial out and interact with customers, whose web callback requests are still pending in the queue, agents may prefer to cancel the pending requests. Interactions created by the web callback API can be easily removed by requesting the delete web callback API. For details, refer to Web Callback API.
- Agent-to-Agent/Extension dialing: The new and improved methods of agent-to-agent/extension dialing are now implemented in this release. This is applicable to users with 8x8 Unified Login and Unified Login with Virtual Office. For details, refer to the respective agent guides.
- Dialing the extension number from the shared directory and from the telephone field in the Control Panel are now supported. The call is routed to the dialed agent and treated based on the PBX script assigned to the agent.
- Incoming calls for agent PBX number and DID number get routed based on the PBX number script and DID scripts. If you have specified separate treatments for customer-to-agent dialing and agent-to-agent dialing, the respective scripts get activated.
- Label changes in IVR Scripts: In IVR scripts we have introduced a few label changes:
- Wait Cycle object is now renamed to Loop.
- Interval is renamed to Time Interval.
- Play and Say Objects: The options to interrupt or continue playing the audio from the Play and Say objects are now labeled as Interruptible (Input Captured) and Uninterruptible (Input Ignored).
- Localization: We support European French and German language.
- Browser Support: We support Microsoft Edge browser.
Open topic with navigation