Set up Phone Channels
A phone channel processes inbound phone interactions in a Virtual Contact Center tenant via Service Channels. A Service channel is a regular phone channel associated with a telephone number. It is automatically created when a number is ordered for the tenant through provisioning. You can edit a service channel, and enable or disable it in Configuration Manager. An IVR script is linked to the service channel by default.
Phone channels in the Virtual Contact Center define phone numbers that your customers use to call your contact center.
Service phone channels can only be added or removed from your Virtual Contact Center tenant by a Virtual Contact Center representative. The representative coordinates the acquisition and routing of the phone number to the 8x8 platform that hosts your tenant.
- Facilitate inbound phone interactions in a Virtual Contact Center tenant via Service channels.
- Interact directly with the appropriate phone queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Automatic creation of Service channels with numbers ordered for the tenant through provisioning.
- Ability to edit enable, and disable Service channels via Configuration Manager.
- Access to a default IVR script linked to the Service channel.
Setting up a phone channel involves:
Open topic with navigation