Search for Cases
All cases are accessed from the Cases tab. By default, all cases assigned to you are listed. You can also access case records that are:
- assigned to your group
- created by you
- in draft state
- all case records
Note: The ability to view, create, edit, and delete case records is available to you if your administrator grants the necessary privileges.
You can search and retrieve case records by performing a basic or advanced search.
- Basic Search: Allows you to search for cases:
- by case number
- by case subject
- created by specific agents or customers
- assigned to specific agents or groups
To perform a basic case search:
- Go to the Cases tab.
- In the Display Panel under Cases, click Search.
displays the basic search interface.
- Click Search to retrieve all cases.
Perform any or all of the following, and click Search:
A list of case records matching the search criteria displays.
- Enter a case number.
- Enter a case subject.
- Select an agent or customer who created a case.
- Select an agent, or group to retrieve cases assigned to them.
- Advanced Search: Allows you to search for cases by any field defined in a case record. You can create nested queries by using the AND logical operator.
Additionally, you can search for multiple values for a field. For example, to access all cases that are pending and in the open status, you can search for multiple values such as the open and pending statuses.
Use the advanced search feature to search for a larger set of default and custom fields than are available in basic search. To perform an advanced search, click Advanced from the simple search window.
Open topic with navigation